I hope everyone have configured processing and OpenNI. If not go to my first Blog post from here.
First I will processing code for getting depth image and I will explain line by line and properties of images
Copy this code and phase it on processing sketch Now Run it result is something like that below..
Now I will go through line by line so that you can understand the code
- import SimpleOpenNI.*;
This import the SimpleOpenNI Library to this program
- SimpleOpenNI kinect;
This create a object form the SimpleOpenNI so that we can call method in side the SimpleOpenNI. If you are familiar with any of object oriented language like java. You can understand easily.
- Then the basic structure of processing processing has two main method setup() and draw()
setup() will call single time when sketch is running
draw() method call as loop until kill the program
this inbuilt method create window of size 640*2 times 480 because incoming both two images have width and height of 640pix and 480 pix
- kinect = new SimpleOpenNI(this);
then initiate the created object using new as in Java
- then the next two line enable both depth image and the RGB color image so that it can access inside the draw() function
- Then inside the draw function
kinect.update() is called .it update the data to the latest when every time calls it
- Then both latest Depth and latest RGB data loads to PImage Object using next two lines
- then image(PImage,positionX,positionY) function draw the both depth and RGB image on the window using next two line.